Shout out to Lost Valley

Shout out to Lost Valley

Postby loafman140 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:21 pm

Have a friend who is looking to learn how to ski. Both of us had yesterday off so I told him I would take him out.

Looked for some cost effective options..... Shawnee was out, Mt. Abram wasn't even open..... Camden snow bowl and black mountain a little far for me.

Hit up lost valley and was very impressed. They had 8-9 "trails" open which I thought was pretty good given the current situation out here. Both lifts running, nice brewpub in the lodge, magic carpet (very helpful for my friend).

All in all a good experience, some gnarly looking glades cut in the area of the old T-bar. Also a "proposed chairlift #3" in that area is listed on a couple maps in the base lodge. Would be a fun little place if that side is open with some snow.

Lots of beginners out and about. All in all it seems like the new owner has that place rocking and rolling. Much different than from what I can remember as a kid. Cheers to the local hill!
loafman140
Sugarloafer

Re: Shout out to Lost Valley

Postby Glade Monkey » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:00 pm

Going back to places like that is why I buy the Ski Maine pass every few years....I think the base lodge and cafeteria prices haven't changed in my lifetime.

(BTW it is a great deal, price is now up to $499 but includes for two transferable unrestricted passes to every place in the state - so Sunday River and Sugarloaf almost cover the cost, and now Saddleback is back on it - they sell out every year https://skimaine.com/store/201920-ski-maine-mountain-pass/)

Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Return to Other Maine Mountains