Saddleback website

Saddleback website

Postby wigman » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:12 pm

Anyone else having trouble navigating their new site in an iPhone? I can’t get a good look at the conditions page.
Death by mountain
wigman
King of Reggae

Re: Saddleback website

Postby Glade Monkey » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:00 pm

wigman wrote:Anyone else having trouble navigating their new site in an iPhone? I can’t get a good look at the conditions page.

It is a little clunky
Using an iPhone I go top right menu, mountain, winter, snow repot
https://www.saddlebackmaine.com/the-mountain/snow--weather/
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Postby skiloaf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:29 pm

too many clicks!
the jhondillah will run from the base of john diller's house to the summit
skiloaf
Sugarloafer

Postby Glade Monkey » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:04 pm

Saddleback closed on Tuesday 3/1 due to weather

It was not an easy decision but alas it sometimes must be done. After watching the weather and with an interest of snow preservation, the mountain will not operate on Tuesday, March 2nd. Forecasted high winds made operations unlikely to begin with, and now the more interesting topic - how this impacts our snow moving forward. We didn't lose much snow from this weather event, but the condition of the snow has certainly changed. We could groom the wet snow overnight and put out a product that would be feasibly ride-able tomorrow. Paired with the unlikelihood of operating given the wind, this does not seem like the best option. For quality conditions down the road, allowing the snow to dry out over many hours and then grooming afterwards will result in the best product possible for our guests, and is key to having consistently good snow for the rest of the season. Patience is key today.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Return to Saddleback discussion