2024-02-25 Report

A place to discuss current weather, snow, and trail conditions, plus lift status and upcoming storms.

2024-02-25 Report

Postby darkwizard » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:59 am

Snow conditions were good. Weather perfect. Life lines A+. Sunday is my weekend day of choice for sure. Bucksaw had no wait and Sugarloaf not more than a minute or two. We were probably on the slopes about 8:50 and were just about the last folks to go up King Pine to end the day.

The trails with best snow cover were Lower Gondi, Ramdown, and also Sluice in that order. There was a decent bit of fine-ish granular, I'd call it, to push around on those trails more so than others. We made two runs on Ramdown, probably our best run of the day. First time Sara has been up King Pine.
West Mountain terrain had awesome new views and long runs. We probably had the best runs on that side on Knot Bumper, Beavertail, Whistle Punk stretch. Sara is picking up her pace and kept up with me pretty well. Views were as good as expected on Chipper! I agree it would be nice to be able to ski the pitch under the top of the Bucksaw Express lift....but probably not going to be a sanctioned activity with the low lift? Is that what was determined in that thread?

darkwizard
Sugarloafer

Re: 2024-02-25 Report

Postby Glade Monkey » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:02 pm

Nice to read about the nurturing of the next generation. After noon on Sundays is often like a midweek day.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Return to Snow Conditions, Weather, etc.