OPENING DAY!!!!!

A place to discuss current weather, snow, and trail conditions, plus lift status and upcoming storms.

OPENING DAY!!!!!

Postby cccski » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:52 am

Well, after months of waiting, opening day is here. Looks like gorgeous spring like conditions with top to bottom skiing. Congratulations to Mountain Ops for working so hard getting so many trails open for opening day. Sugarloaf will leap into first place in the East with the most acreage and vertical open.

I have puppy class 150 miles away, so won't be there for the festivities, but plan on heading over on Sunday when things will be a bit more firm. Having said that, I did ski Sunday River on Wednesday and it was pretty darn good off the new Jordan Bowl 8 pack. How can you have so much fun just making turns on Lallapalooza? Don't know, but it felt grand and you guys will have 2300 vertical feet to play with.

Have fun and enjoy your goggle tans!
cccski
Sugarloafer

Re: OPENING DAY!!!!!

Postby b632 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:29 am

Just in from day one… conditions were PERFECT, soft and very carveable. A surprisingly large crowd on hand, i heard lots of compliments on conditions. Perfect way to kick the season off
Stop thinking and end your problems. -Lao Tzu
b632
Sugarloafer

Re: OPENING DAY!!!!!

Postby Gstring » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:24 pm

b632 wrote:Just in from day one… conditions were PERFECT, soft and very carveable. A surprisingly large crowd on hand, i heard lots of compliments on conditions. Perfect way to kick the season off

I second that. Conditions are phenomenally good. Top to bottom runs blew out my legs. But I’m still smiling. Hats off to snowmakers and groomers. The grooming crew was out yesterday for almost 20 hours. They nailed it.
Gstring
Sugarloafer

Return to Snow Conditions, Weather, etc.