Great Days

A place to discuss current weather, snow, and trail conditions, plus lift status and upcoming storms.

Great Days

Postby BaxterBoy5006 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:51 pm

Got out there Sunday and today. Both days were fantastic. If today was the last day of my season, I’ll take it.
BaxterBoy5006
Sugarloafer

Re: Great Days

Postby Pow on the Mao » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:02 am

that's what its all about. felt same way this weekend.
i found my soul on the ripsaw skin track
Pow on the Mao
Sugarloafer

Re: Great Days

Postby Frontface » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:13 pm

I made Friday my last day of the season.

It started with about three trails open but by 10AM that number had more than doubled. Then around 11:30 ropes just collapsed all over the mountain. Slkdder was great. Gondi was fun, especially watching people get into it! There was a lot of exposed dirt and rock along the lip of the cross cut but the far (skier's) right had its usual narrow pathway in. By lunchtime the sky was bright blue and the clouds were gone. The afternoon was a classic spring skiing day with hot sun and soft snow. Sluice Chute and Spillway were my favorites. I made my final run of the year on Tote Road, going from the Skyline entrance to the bottom and didn't stop until I got to the Sugar Shack in front of the lodge where there was a lack of snow which required some mud-walking. There were a number of bare spots showing on Tote Road . I don't think White Nitro is skiable any more (due to the melting)

All-in-all it was a good season. I got to the back snowfields for the first time in about five years. Enjoyed some soft bumps on Bubblecuffer. Logged a lot of 20-run days.

I hope you all had as good of a year! See you when the snow falls again!
Frontface
Sugarloafer

Return to Snow Conditions, Weather, etc.