State Of The Loaf Address

Talk about anything here, just play nice. Personal attacks will result in banning on any forum in the chat, including this one.

Re: State Of The Loaf Address

Postby Sturzenberger » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Going towards bucksaw with the village depends on what the goal is. Walking distance in the case of sugarloaf is very different on a January evening. The wind comes from bucksaw down Main Street. If you want to fill restaurants, have the condos in the same building or attached in some way. When I was a valet, if there was a snownado (snow tornado) on main st it was hard to get people to leave their room. Base lodge was almost too far away.
Sturzenberger
Sugarloafer

Postby goldenboy80 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 am

I love the current base area. I think that it is functional, cozy, and generally serves the need of the resort. However, if I was a corporation I could see a lot of room for modernization and development. If you look at resorts like Stratton or Stowe, you can see that Sugarloaf's base is a bit retro versus slick and corporate. I like retro but the latter is probably more profitable. Maybe there's a happy medium where condos and additional retail could be developed without turning it into Times Square.

My one hope is that if they decide to build condos or otherwise redevelop the retail corridor, that they hire an excellent architect/designer who can create a master plan versus taking a short-term approach and doing something cheap for a quick cash infusion. Anything worth doing takes significant time, capital, and vision.
goldenboy80
Sugarloafer

Postby Sturzenberger » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:11 am

I’m wrong, the slide says “base area above admin”. Karl does say “base lodge area” but maybe he meant base area
Sturzenberger
Sugarloafer

Postby Rossignolsoul7 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 pm

goldenboy80 wrote: Maybe there's a happy medium where condos and additional retail ....

Yes. Like Sugarbush South.
Rossignolsoul7
Sugarloafer

Previous

Return to General Discussion