fiddleheads

A place for the rest of the year. Discuss all your off season activities here. (Hiking, Golf, Cycling, Kayaking, Sailing, Camping, Climbing, Rafting, etc..)

fiddleheads

Postby streetracer » Thu May 19, 2016 1:01 pm

May 19, 2016, picked a bucketful today, about an hour south of the Loaf...in some places, I picked today, unbelievably, they are just starting to grow...usually, by this late in the spring, they have all gone by. If any of you pick around the Loaf, (and there are some good areas to pick, near the local streams), I would think this weekend should be good picking...also, if you like your fiddleheads with brook trout, the brook trout fishing is getting better. Good luck out there...I know this may not be as much fun as skiing or boarding down the slopes; but it is definitely better than just sitting inside, posting on facebook, or watching television!
streetracer
Sugarloafer

Re: fiddleheads

Postby b632 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:04 pm

I saw a bunch mountain biking but no way to pick em, probably gone by next weekend
Stop thinking and end your problems. -Lao Tzu
b632
Sugarloafer

Postby streetracer » Wed May 25, 2016 11:37 am

b632 wrote:I saw a bunch mountain biking but no way to pick em, probably gone by next weekend

Yeah, they are going by pretty fast, now...carry a plastic trash bag in your pocket, when you are in the woods...you just never know, when you might need it to make an emergency rain jacket, to carry out some trash, or to tote out a tasty meal of fiddleheads 8)
streetracer
Sugarloafer

Postby redrider » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:11 am

Ok, It's time, any updates?

Thank you!
redrider
Sugarloafer

Postby b632 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:08 am

Ohhh man I am atwitter with anticipation
Something for you guys try..a little different
https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/101 ... head-ferns
Stop thinking and end your problems. -Lao Tzu
b632
Sugarloafer

Postby streetracer » Sun May 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Where I go, south of the Loaf, they are late this year...just started getting them really good on Friday...hopefully, this coming week will be better, if they are not all submerged by this rain.
streetracer
Sugarloafer

Postby streetracer » Sun May 14, 2017 11:42 pm

I have not seen any ticks yet where I pick, but some my friends, who pick in Central and Southern Maine, are telling me the ticks there are really numerous this year.
streetracer
Sugarloafer

Return to Off Season.