Canada

Write about your trips, ask veteran travelers questions & make everyone else jealous with your steezy shots and video clips.

Canada

Postby Glade Monkey » Fri May 12, 2017 1:47 pm

The US$ is strong, and presently worth about 1.35 Canadian Loonies. I just got back from a week in and around Montreal (where there is serious flooding & a state of emergency in case your US-based news service hasn't reported on it).
Enjoyed some fine food at reasonable prices thanks to the exchange rate. Tough to beat Montreal style bagels and their craft brew scene is growing rapidly. :D
The only negative is their funny French and roads which seem to be as bad or worse than ours.
Ski season is too short
Glade Monkey
Sugarloafer

Re: Canada

Postby cvagrad86 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:52 pm

Worst road system and traffic ever in my opinion, cheap dollar or no cheap dollar....
In a period of 2.5 years, I had to make 18 runs from the Loaf to Montreal and back, primarily to the airport...some horrible, horrible experiences with their roads/traffic.
cvagrad86
Sugarloafer

Re: Canada

Postby bikeman123 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:56 am

I second the wonder of Montreal. I dont care for cities, but living there for 6 months in college was a fantastic experience. Something is in the water up there too because the "scenery" is second to none.
bikeman123
Sugarloafer

Return to Travel