No pictures??

Mountain Biking in Carrabassett Valley and Beyond

No pictures??

Postby b632 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:54 pm

I heard it was a grind, where are the pics of the big race?
Stop thinking and end your problems. -Lao Tzu
b632
Sugarloafer

Re: No pictures??

Postby cveccentric » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:15 am

Sugarloaf and others posted a bunch on FB - seems like no one on this chat gives a hoot about any of the great summer events happening every weekend! Other than if SB is going to open! If we are SL supporters, you'd think there would be lots of chat about summer activities - but guess summer folks must not have found this chat.
cveccentric
Sugarloafer

Postby Rossignolsoul7 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 am

cveccentric wrote:Sugarloaf and others posted a bunch on FB - seems like no one on this chat gives a hoot about any of the great summer events happening every weekend! Other than if SB is going to open! If we are SL supporters, you'd think there would be lots of chat about summer activities - but guess summer folks must not have found this chat.

Or, it is that most people are on vacation... Personally, I always write on this chat while at work... Maybe that's why most of my comments tend to be on the negative side :wink:
Rossignolsoul7
Sugarloafer

Postby bigelow » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:28 pm

b632 wrote:I heard it was a grind, where are the pics of the big race?

2947 pictures here: https://topshots.smugmug.com/2017/Carra ... enge-2017/

and a bunch more on IG and FB https://www.facebook.com/cbccrace/

And the race was awesome......over 400 racers from the US and Canada. Solid. Probably the hardest conditions I have ever raced in.

Thanks to everyone that came out to volunteer and cheer.
bigelow
Sugarloafer

Postby b632 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:00 pm

bigelow wrote:
b632 wrote:I heard it was a grind, where are the pics of the big race?

2947 pictures here: https://topshots.smugmug.com/2017/Carra ... enge-2017/

and a bunch more on IG and FB https://www.facebook.com/cbccrace/

And the race was awesome......over 400 racers from the US and Canada. Solid. Probably the hardest conditions I have ever raced in.

Thanks to everyone that came out to volunteer and cheer.

Nice work from the organizers
I asked for pics... I got 4000 :shock:
Stop thinking and end your problems. -Lao Tzu
b632
Sugarloafer

Postby bigelow » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:13 pm

The 7th annual will be remembered as a break-through year. The response has been tremendous. Next year will be even bigger.

More photos to come.........
bigelow
Sugarloafer

Postby Rossignolsoul7 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:50 pm

bigelow wrote:The 7th annual will be remembered as a break-through year. The response has been tremendous. Next year will be even bigger.

I have a group of friends who are hardcore mountain bikers for years and years and been obsessed with Burke/KT and the CF at East-Hereford. They are inviting themselves at my place almost every weekend during the winter but suddenly, since about a week, they're poking at me for some summer weekends. So I guess the word is spreading around that SL trail system kicks ass. I said ok, you guys are welcome but I will be a slow boat on my fat bike. I need a new regular MTB soon.
Rossignolsoul7
Sugarloafer

Postby bigelow » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Rossignolsoul7 wrote:
bigelow wrote:The 7th annual will be remembered as a break-through year. The response has been tremendous. Next year will be even bigger.

I have a group of friends who are hardcore mountain bikers for years and years and been obsessed with Burke/KT and the CF at East-Hereford. They are inviting themselves at my place almost every weekend during the winter but suddenly, since about a week, they're poking at me for some summer weekends. So I guess the word is spreading around that SL trail system kicks ass. I said ok, you guys are welcome but I will be a slow boat on my fat bike. I need a new regular MTB soon.

Nothing will make your ride more than a new bike......Great time to check out a new bike is at the MTB festival at the ODC coming up end of August. One of the benefits is getting to try out numerous new bikes form a bunch of vendors. info here: http://sugarloaf.com/activities-and-nig ... -bike-fest
There likely will be 2018 bikes on hand from some vendors.

In the past few days I have been in touch with several folks from MA, CT, OH, etc that raced over the weekend. Despite less than ideal conditions, they having nothing but great things to say about the network and riding scene in CV.......and their friends are echoing the same. Good things are happening.
bigelow
Sugarloafer

Postby High Ball » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:35 pm

I've run into to a few folks that don't ski that have bought condos for the mountain biking, figuring they can pay for the place by renting it all winter.
High Ball
Sugarloafer

Return to Mountain Biking