Saddleback SOLD to Majella

Re: Saddleback SOLD to Majella

Postby tipsdown » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:33 pm

SpillwayEast wrote:Is it true that Majella never had any real intention in buying and this was just a pet project for one of the executives son's and they didn't care about losing the 500K deposit? Majella is gone folks.............time to find another buyer.

No intention of buying? That theory doesn't make any sense at all...Majella is not gone, which makes the situation all the more confusing..
tipsdown
Sugarloafer

Postby Nonsuch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 pm

tipsdown wrote:
SpillwayEast wrote:Is it true that Majella never had any real intention in buying and this was just a pet project for one of the executives son's and they didn't care about losing the 500K deposit? Majella is gone folks.............time to find another buyer.

No intention of buying? That theory doesn't make any sense at all...Majella is not gone, which makes the situation all the more confusing..

I echo the situation is very confusing. There is no lack of speculation on the status of the deal and the mountain but there has been little to no information shared by the parties since early November.
Nonsuch
Sugarloafer

Postby SpillwayEast » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 am

Majella is gone.............they will never step foot in Rangeley again with the intent of buying saddleback.
SpillwayEast
Sugarloafer

Postby tipsdown » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:31 am

SpillwayEast wrote:Majella is gone.............they will never step foot in Rangeley again with the intent of buying saddleback.

Right...Expect that they still have a hired staff on the hill.
tipsdown
Sugarloafer

Postby cat in january » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:07 pm

Was there the other day. Everything looked tidy with snowplowing. Cat went to the top and then saw it later in the day at the base of Kenebago chair shoveling snow off the roof. So maintenance and personal are still ongoing.

I believe the Berry family is very committed to seeing Saddleback succeed. My "guess" is that their asking price is not much above what they could get for selling off the mountain piecemeal and they have been holding out hoping someone steps forward.

They took a risk with Majella, but it does not look good at all and has not for a long time now. How much longer will they hold out? Snowmaking pipe, electrical line, fan guns, water pumps, 1 snow cat, the 2 chairlifts, base lodge, land all have value.
cat in january
Sugarloafer

Postby tipsdown » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 pm

cat in january wrote:Was there the other day. Everything looked tidy with snowplowing. Cat went to the top and then saw it later in the day at the base of Kenebago chair shoveling snow off the roof. So maintenance and personal are still ongoing.

I believe the Berry family is very committed to seeing Saddleback succeed. My "guess" is that their asking price is not much above what they could get for selling off the mountain piecemeal and they have been holding out hoping someone steps forward.

They took a risk with Majella, but it does not look good at all and has not for a long time now. How much longer will they hold out? Snowmaking pipe, electrical line, fan guns, water pumps, 1 snow cat, the 2 chairlifts, base lodge, land all have value.

Or maybe the question should be, how long will Majella stick with it? They are paying these people....It's perplexing that there continues to be no deal despite their continued work and paying staff....
tipsdown
Sugarloafer

Postby bikeman123 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:46 pm

tipsdown wrote:
cat in january wrote:Was there the other day. Everything looked tidy with snowplowing. Cat went to the top and then saw it later in the day at the base of Kenebago chair shoveling snow off the roof. So maintenance and personal are still ongoing.

Or maybe the question should be, how long will Majella stick with it? They are paying these people....It's perplexing that there continues to be no deal despite their continued work and paying staff....

Rumor mill says they have had issues holding up the "paying" end of the bargain.

I skied there Sunday, and the glades were McDreamy. Place looked great all in all. Sad to see so much potential sit idle.
bikeman123
Sugarloafer

Postby tipsdown » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 pm

bikeman123 wrote:
tipsdown wrote:

Rumor mill says they have had issues holding up the "paying" end of the bargain.

I skied there Sunday, and the glades were McDreamy. Place looked great all in all. Sad to see so much potential sit idle.

Heard some rumblings about that too...Having said that, their staff is not working pro bono...
tipsdown
Sugarloafer

Postby RockLobster » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:27 am

I'm guessing the limited staff that are still there would be getting paid regardless. If Majella still has the working agreement, they'd pay. If that fell through, the Berry's are good people and still have a responsibility to maintain the roads and such for condo owners, so they'd pick up the bill at that point.
RockLobster
Sugarloafer

Postby cat in january » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 am

If you go back a number of months on Majella's FB posts you see a large staff.

Strange part all of this is that I know through at least late Fall all were being paid. If you are going to make a go at skiing in Maine you need good staff. Majella had been hanging on to those salaries for a long time. It has been that more than anything which has thought the sale would be completed. The part that makes me think it is not is the complete silence and when you look at the website for saddleback now, it does not show much.
cat in january
Sugarloafer

Previous

Return to Saddleback discussion