Saddleback SOLD to Majella

Re: Saddleback SOLD to Majella

Postby High Ball » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Very true. The communication has been very opaque and without assurances of financing being in place and a closing scheduled, people would rightfully, assume the worst. The old adage "no news is good news" doesn't work in this case. I've worked on a lot of acquisitions of both private a and public companies and the length of time that its taken to get this deal done is ridiculous. I think someone on here posted that they thought there was still due diligence being conducted....REALLY ???? There's either something terribly wrong with this deal or both parties need lawyers and accountants with some M&A experience.

gondicar wrote:I understand the farmboy’s frustration, and what Ms Wilcox is trying to do. But after the initial ultimatum that was issued more than 2 years ago that got this ball rolling, and the various moving targets and “updates”, and rumors and speculation that have filled the void, the view from the outside looking in has been supremely frustrating to all the various stakeholders and intersted parties. I don’t think anyone can rightfully blame anyone else for being skeptical or even outright negative about where things are at and what the future may hold, IMHO. What else is to be expected at this point?
High Ball
Sugarloafer

Postby RockLobster » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:57 pm

High Ball wrote:Very true. The communication has been very opaque and without assurances of financing being in place and a closing scheduled, people would rightfully, assume the worst. The old adage "no news is good news" doesn't work in this case. I've worked on a lot of acquisitions of both private a and public companies and the length of time that its taken to get this deal done is ridiculous. I think someone on here posted that they thought there was still due diligence being conducted....REALLY ???? There's either something terribly wrong with this deal or both parties need lawyers and accountants with some M&A experience.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Berry's close their deal and update the lodge to the extent that it was usable and make some other updates all in the span of one off season? Maybe it was the next year they started making updates, can't quite remember, but either way...

I'll concede that there may be more extenuating circumstances with this time around, but 3 years worth of extenuating circumstances doesn't seem to add up.
RockLobster
Sugarloafer

Postby redrider » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:54 pm

It's a SKI AREA SALE, not a national security breach. The people whining want to ski there and love the place. Throwing potential customers a bone occasionally with a few scraps of meat on it would be good public relations.

If the deal falls through then pack up your toys and go home but if it does not you will be ahead of the game.
redrider
Sugarloafer

Postby Nonsuch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:54 am

[quote="redrider"]It's a SKI AREA SALE, not a national security breach. The people whining want to ski there and love the place. Throwing potential customers a bone occasionally with a few scraps of meat on it would be good public relations.

If the deal falls through then pack up your toys and go home but if it does not you will be ahead of the game.[/quot

Redrider......I totally agree....... Communication is always a positive. Lack of direct communication allows an information vacuum to be filled. Letting speculation and rumors circulate is not helpful for any stakeholders.
Nonsuch
Sugarloafer

Postby farmboy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:37 pm

I get it guys you want info. My hands are tied. We signed confidentiality agreements unless both parties want to make a statement it doesn’t happen. When you make a statement, it’s not enough to satisfy anyone. My post was one of frustration everyone wants Info but to be frank it’s two private parties if both don’t want to disclose it doesn’t happen. I suggested waiting on any announcement until the deal was completely done but it wasn’t my call so here we are nearly 30 months in. Wouldn’t have made a difference if you had the best M & A lawyers available to complete a transaction you need $$$. Until that is on the table is just a mutual agreed upon piece of paper with 10,000 voices on the outside looking in. Wish it was different than it is but it isn’t so we continue to press on
Sugarloaf, Saddleback and Sunday River..... The Western Maine Alps
farmboy
Sugarloafer

Postby RockLobster » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Thanks for the input, Farmboy. My take on this because that's what we do here: Majella put the cart before the horse a bit. Sounds like the got verbal yes's from their investors and went all in. I am guessing there is some sort of EB-5 snafu involved as well. So, Majella is having trouble getting investors to put their money where their mouth was and by extension, Majella is having trouble putting their money where their mouth is.
RockLobster
Sugarloafer

Postby farmboy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:59 pm

EB5 wasn’t their focus. It’s one piece but not necessary for the whole thing
farmboy
Sugarloafer

Postby cruiser » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:30 pm

I am blaming farmboy. :D
I think he is demanding several landcruisers from Australia before the deal closes. If it works let me know and I will take one off your hands :lol: Or maybe we can work out a swap?

Hope the deal works out and the frustrations go away. Thanks for your input farmboy as I don't envy your position. Keep up the good work.

John
cruiser
Sugarloafer

Postby farmboy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 pm

Yup. I requested 4 -FJ43. 2 -FJ45 and a pair of Troop carriers. The 43’s are hard to find that’s what is taking so long
farmboy
Sugarloafer

Postby muleski » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 pm

As the owner of multiple LC's over the years, and the uncle of a niece who lives in Oz and often sends me pictures of them, the country is full of Land Cruisers. They weather well there. So if a few of FJ-40 series seal the deal.....bring them on!

Have a guess that it's a bit more of an issue, though. But good to see some humor.

Farmboy, I hope that this is "part of the junkyard of your past" soon enough. Has to have been a grueling and tedious few years.

When is the clock fully wound down on this? Or is that confidential, as well? I assume it is. It's pushing pretty well past "the end of the summer."
muleski
Sugarloafer

Postby redrider » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 am

I'm not frustrated, just keeping myself entertained by poking at the hibernating bear. It is what it is, another evolving tale for the grand-kids, or their grand kids. :wink:
redrider
Sugarloafer

Postby jimskime » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:51 pm

redrider wrote:I'm not frustrated, just keeping myself entertained by poking at the hibernating bear. It is what it is, another evolving tale for the grand-kids, or their grand kids. :wink:

I wish we had thumbs up and thumbs down buttons :)
jimskime
Sugarloafer

Postby gondicar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 pm

farmboy wrote:We signed confidentiality agreements

Was Luca Brasi there?

Access to recreational sports is integral to a well-rounded life. Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation is a year-round program teaching adaptive skiing and other sports activities to people with disabilities ages 4 and up: http://www.maineadaptive.org/
gondicar
Sugarloafer

Postby Nonsuch » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Nonsuch
Sugarloafer

Previous

Return to Saddleback discussion